Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Love of Our Lives

I never thought that she,
Unsentimental and restless,
Would come to mean so much to me,
Baggage-laden and remote
As I was.

Yet it became plain,
Once I have truly lost
What once I could have perhaps had,
I realised, again, she might be
The love of my life.

Just 12 months to polarise,
As my life turned from hope to regret -
Why so late to realise then
That we might have
Got it so wrong?

And after all is said and done
It never seemed to be the
Right time for us to be one.
And as time and distance drew one nearer
It drew the other further apart.

If the constant measure of love is pain,
And of course the misery,
Then I'm forced to reflect again
That love of my life
It was certainly she.

But what is real? Then or now?
Were we just looking for
Someone, anyone to fill the void anyhow?
When the music stops in these
Modern day musical-chair romances

Do we really make the most of our chances?
Will we end up with the love
Of our life - or is the epiphany, we can't
Go on alone and we make ourselves
Believe this is the One?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pinball Karma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.